Thanks to Scott Burns for great Advent talk, looking forward to rest of this series 🙂
What I liked:
1) Advent for Mary and Jospeh comes in the midst of despair: Roman occupation, teenage pregnancy, potential divorce, chaos and confusion, community shame. This is where hope shines the brightest. How relevant for us in the midst of 2020
2) Advent isn’t just about Jesus’ first coming but also His second.
3) we can cultivate hope by:
- Reflecting on Gods work in the past
- Bringing the end of the story to bear on our current circumstances
- Being aware/knowing experientially of Gods presence -here today- and how that impacts everything